Instapics

Friday, February 26, 2016

Crystal Jade Jiang Nan @ Vivo City

Hey guys! I have not been blogging for quite some time and I am sorry! I have been really busy with university and life in general.. BUT here's another food review for you!

Crystal Jade Jiang Nan is one of the brands under Crystal Jade. Serving delicacy inspired by the JiangNan region and they also serve the much loved La Mian and Xiao Long Bao. They currently have two outlets located at Vivo City and Toa Payoh.

I first stumbled upon Jiang Nan because I was craving for Dan Dan Noodles 担担面. If you know me personally, you will know that I am a sucker for La Mian, especially Dan Dan Noodles which is a kind of noodles with a sesame paste soup base so I go around restaurants trying it to see which has the best. Jiang Nan was one of the restaurant that serves Dan Dan Noodles & its ranked one of the better ones in my opinion.

Okay, let's get on to the food!

口水鸡 - Spicy Chicken
This is my new favourite dish, its a combination of flavours! First you get the tang from the vinegar, then the sweetness then the spice hit you at the back. The one in this picture is chicken breast, its not too dry because of the sauce so its okay. I went back for this again and got chicken thigh and honestly I like breast more cause there's more meat and less bone.

小笼包 - Steamed Pork Dumplings
This is the all time favourite, everyone knows this. The skin is not too thick, filling is flavourful and has a nice amount of soup in it.

凤爪 - Braised Chicken Feet

 担担面 - Dan Dan Noodles
This is just awesome. They used to offer the noodles in two sizes but they stopped doing that. There used to be taupok and bamboo shoots in them but they took that out too. But I still love the noodles, however, flavour wise, Paradise Dynasty wins.

扣肉 - Braised Pork Belly
You can eat it on its on, or wrap it up! The meat is braised through, flavourful. Meat is not too tough but still has a bite to it. The fats and skin are nice and melts in your mouth.

Stir-fried Beef with Assorted Fungi
This is good, a little salty but pair it with rice and it will be okay. Love the succulent mushrooms!


Conclusion
I will always go back to Jiang Nan for my lamian fix and you should too! Do go and try out their new menu items featuring salted egg and chili crab xiao long bao!

--

Address
Vivo City #01-52

Mon - Fri: 11.30am to 10pm
Sat, Sun & PH: 11am to 10pm



No comments:

Post a Comment