Instapics

Friday, June 28, 2013

Shinryoku Yakitori Restaurant - 新绿

Hi people, I have finally decided to blog about this. The photo quality isn't that great okay so please be forgiving when looking at the pictures :) 

So my poly friend, Vernice got to know that my other poly classmate's parents have a Japanese yakitori restaurant and there's buffet! Given that the both of us are pigs, we immediately wanted to go! We planned a day and decided to head down to Purvis street, both of us didn't know how to get there but thanks to our best friend google map and thanks to Vernice knowing how to actually read a map, we got there. And we were the first customer. And it's quite fun, I will elaborate on that later. Haha. 

Before we went there, we actually saw some reviews saying that the service is super slow so the amazing Vernice ordered a shitload of food at the first round which scared me. But yeah, the food really came quite slow at the start but it wasn't as bad as what they said. And I said being the first customer was fun because everytime a dish is done cooking, they will DING on the bell, since we were the only customer, once the bell DING, we know it's for us and we will be excited. HAHA. 

Okay, enough talking, here comes the photo! We didn't ordered a lot a lot actually but it was not little. The pictures were still a little acceptable in the start but as it gets later, the lighting started to suck so please endure. 
These are just the basic photos, the interior, the plates, the free ice green tea that looks like beer and the cute menu on the wall with reviews from customers. 

 With my very Japanese friend, sometimes I wonder how I became friends with her, we are so different. She is like the fashionable one and I'm the one who dress like I'm going to bed everyday. Haha. I guess our friendship is just special. HAHAHAHA. 

 Wah, this photo not bad ah. Haha. Okay so this is very obvious, it's the edamame which Vernice happily finished. I didn't eat it at all cause I'm not a fan of it. 

 The must order - salmon sashimi! The first time I ordered one portion but after that I was like heck it, give me two portion at one time. 
 And look at how thick this is! It's at least like 1.5cm!~~

 Deep fried soft shell crab - This was okay, the crab was still moist inside but it wasn't like wow I'm in love kind of thing. 

 Tempura oyster!! - It's wrapped with some leaf that I've forgotten what's the name. I don't really like the leaf but its actually quite okay. There's two beautiful oyster inside so it shows they are not cheating your money okay! Haha. 

 Our favorite shishamo! - In case you do not know what it is, it's fish with not fish meat but fish eggs in it. No, it's not gross. Yes, it's delicious. 

 And behold... (drumroll please~).... CRISPY PORK! It's so good, it's not hard and disgusting, it's so crispy like chips. Seriously, you won't believe how crispy it is until you try it. MUST TRY. 

 MUST TRY. Bacon prawn! Vernice's favourite~ It's huge prawn wrapped with bacon~ Someone even wanted to name their kids after this dish, that's how good it is. Haha. 

Vernice's with her favourite of the day.

Okay the lighting is starting to get quite bad...
 Chicken butts! It's was actually quite nice~
"Kiss my little ass" - HAHAHA.

Tofu - I forgotten how to spell it but you should know what is this.
Not really of fan of tofu so I only tried one and it is actually not bad, the sauce is good and it's fried well.

 Top: Asparagus wrapped with bacon
Bottom: Enoki mushrooms wrapped with bacon
It's so amazing how they are able to pack the enoki mushrooms nicely in the bacon because both me and Vernice can't do it.

Random fried chicken chunks given by the waitress. She helped us to order this. Amazingly, once this dish was served, the whole place smells like Mcdonald's chicken nuggets.

MUST TRY. Fried chicken skin~ It's super good! It's super crispy yet not like the potato chips type of crisp. At first I thought it would be tasteless but I was so wrong! The more you bite it, the more fragrant it got. Super good. 

The bad thing about this place is that they do not provide us with dessert and you know sometimes after all the salty food, you just want something sweet to cleanse your palette. So.... just nice Vernice gave me some chocolate on the way here so I had that as my dessert. Haha.

Fried cuttlefish. This was normal - it wasn't bad but it wasn't wow! 

 This is the salmon porridge, its more of a rice with soup thing but its goooooood. Actually Vernice ordered a ramen but that kinda sucks so I didn't post the photo here.

Okay, that's all! Do visit there someday!


8 Purvis Street
#01-01,
Tel: 63388472Fax: +65 6338 8569

No comments:

Post a Comment