Instapics

Monday, August 4, 2014

The Internship.

It's funny how life turns out isn't it? Going into a course which I have 0 interest in, getting into a company I never expected to go to for my internship, doing things I've never thought I would have done my whole life yet having the time of my life and finding true friends and passion for life.

I guess that's how life is... unexpected turnouts! But I'm glad to say that I'm happy with how everything is, I'm happy with what god put in my life and how I'm pushed out of my comfort zone to understand that the world is more than what I think it is. 

roller coaster ride

The whole internship wasn't just a smooth, flat twenty weeks but we have our ups and downs. I will spare you guys the details but you know, things happen but that's life right? Like what they say, "life is like a heart monitor. without the ups and downs you aren't living" So I think it's pretty safe to say that I've lived & survived! Because of all these ups and downs, I learnt a lot, about life, about me, about people. I'm pretty sure I've grown a lot mentally and I love it. I've learnt that first impressions don't count (most of the time) & sometimes the nicest people may be the deadliest. 


Building the relationship

One thing that amazed me is that I actually found friends in this internship, like not hi-bye friends but true friends who stick by each other through thick and thin and go through shit together. It's weird cause we are so different but yet the same & we clicked almost instantly. This internship is full of surprises! I have always been someone who gets attached to things or people really fast but I've never thought that I could get attached to people in such a short period of time, like within three days! We had some ASEAN events that I helped out as a photographer & all the delegates were so friendly, they were so appreciative and funny! They were so nice that when the event ended, I went to the toilet and cried, yes, I did. I know it's kinda stupid cause people will be like, "you don't even know them that well.." but I don't care, to me, I know them & I love them. 

Okay so here's the funny and super interesting part! One ASEAN delegate hit on me. Yes, I feel weird saying it cause I don't think that's ever possible but it happened. It was so amusing because he is so straight forward and so cheesy - so unlike the guys in Singapore who gives hints that doesn't mean anything. He just say it straight in your face. This started with us touring the Singapore Orchid Garden and he walked to the orchid, pointed at it and told me "you are as lovely as this flower". I was like, ".........HAHA THANKS" & I ran away. Okay I don't want to make this too long so for more details, contact me for a story session. Haha.


GET OUT of your comfort zone

As you all should know, the place I was at for my internship is about nature and parks and biodiversity, yupps stuff like that. & if you guys know me personally, I'm not exactly a I-love-sunshine-and-nature kind of girl, I would prefer to keep my skin fair and nails pretty but I AM PROUD TO SAY THAT: I HAVE BEEN TRANSFORMED!

I can identify fauna & flora around me (not all but more than I used to)
I went for a specimens training session
I helped educate the public about the specimens

Not just all those things, thanks to this internship, I got to do things that not everyone can! If you guys didn't know, Singapore is going to have its first marine park in Sisters' Islands and guess who did the launch video that was showed to the president during the Festival of Biodiversity? & guessed who design the stamps for the Festival of Biodiversity? You guessed right, me! 



Thanks to all these opportunities, I got to do things that I never thought I could do and every time I think about it, I can't stop feeling happy and overwhelmed. 


You are good enough
In all, thanks to all the people around me during the past twenty weeks, one thing I've gained is that I am good enough.. I've been struggling with self-esteem issues almost my whole life and always think I'm not good enough but now I know that I am enough so I shouldn't waste my time on people who isn't. I've realised that there are so many people out there who are so passionate in life and people whom I can really clicked with and people who likes me for who I am so why should I waste time on people who isn't worth it. I now know that I can do so much much and I think I finally found my passion in life! For my whole life till now, I don't have a single clue on what I want to do, everything is just a blur but after this internship, I think I've finally found something I love & something I don't mind slogging for.


I just want to let everyone who is going to internship or going through your next phase in life know that things happens for a reason and you just have to accept it with an open heart because you will never know what's gonna happen, you may just love it! & remember, you are always good enough. 


*Sorry for the long post and thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment