Instapics

Monday, December 22, 2014

Tanaka Vegetarian Food @ Fajar

I have the weirdest craving ever and no I am not pregnant. The latest craving I had was vegetarian food so my mum brought me to have it at Fajar - apparently it's a famous stall that sells super good vegetarian food.

I was skeptical at first cause I was thinking, "I mean how good can vegetarian food get right?" but wow, they are not bad, not bad at all!

They provide different dishes for different days so do check them out, the famous dishes are like chicken rice, char siew rice, prawn noodles, etc. I know what you are thinking, "Aren't those like real meaty food?! How do you make them vegetarian and still taste good?" If you are there at the shop, the smell of all the food will prove you wrong! Let's look at them!

 Roast Pork Noodles ($3) - The noodles were cooked perfectly, not too soft. The char siew given is a different quality from those if you just get normal bee hoon (said by the owner). The sauce is nice and flavourful! If you look at the top, there are even fake fried pork oil cruch. 

 Chicken Rice ($3) - This just amazes me so much! It really smells like chicken rice, I'm not kidding! It's made by tofu skin so it's healthy I guess. The rice is not just plain white rice but 'chicken' flavored rice. The 'chicken skin' taste like real roasted chicken skin! Especially if you eat it with the chili, the whole thing is just chicken rice! Chili was just nice, right amount of tang and spice. Must try!


So, I really think you guys should try it out cause it's quite awesome! Just take the LRT from Choa Chu Kang to Fajar station and head to the hawker centre. The prices are reasonable and the food is delicious! If you are vegetarian or have family members who are, do bring them there, I think they will really enjoy it!

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment