Instapics

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

I Love My Kanken - Review

Hi guys! 

Firstly, I need to thank all of you guys for being so supportive of my last post which is the Taobao Hauls #1, if you haven't read it yet, you should! Because of your support, I've decided to do a Taobao tutorial post & I'm currently prepping for it so it should be anytime soon! I will be posting on my Facebook when that happens so do remember to read and share! Even if you're already a 'taobao pro', still do check it out because I will be listing down the commonly asked keywords (off shoulder top/ strappy sandals/ crop top/ etc) / keywords you need in taobao to find the pretty things. 

For now, while waiting for more Taobao hauls / Flea hauls / tutorial, let me share with you guys my new found love (I know I'm kinda slow on this but better late then never right #hipster). If you guys know me personally, you know that I've changed my bag and bought a FjällRäven Kånken for school because I became so tired of holding the laptop by hand. 

I know you can get them locally but I wanted the black one and it seems that in Singapore, they don't supply a lot of black Kånken so I had to find other means to get it. They do have a lot of Kånken on Carousell but they were selling for $40 so I really didn't wanted to risk getting a fake bag. 


Why spend $125 when you can spend $90? 

Researching online & stumbled upon this website called Ilovemykanken, it's super awesome because it's based in the UK so for all customers out of the EU, they get 20% OFF (some tax refund) + free shipping + addition discount codes offers.  


So as you can see, for now, the discount code offers you 20% discount on top of the 20% tax refund!


You can select from the style, the colour, bestseller, sales items, etc & they have almost everything so it's much easier than going to retails stores cause most of them only have a small fraction of items available.

These are just some of the colours they offer, & the prices are in SGD (remember to change it on the top right corner!) - the prices for outside the EU are shown so you can see how much you save!


So just choose the design and colour you like, indicate the quantity then add it to your basket! Once you have finalized your orders, choose the shipping country and click check out!
REMEMBER, the price you see now is the price before the discount. 

So here is where the magic begins... key in the discount code, sometimes its 15%, sometimes its 20% so you just got to see you luck. After you key it in, click recalculate to see how much will you be paying after the discount. - in this case [$86.26] instead of the original [$129.37] 

IS THAT CRAZY OR WHAT?!


So after dancing a happy dance because of the money you've saved, you can start filing in your details & start paying! - They accept credit/debit card. I used my POSB debit card and had a fuss-free transaction. 

After you're done with your payment, you will receive around 3 emails, two just telling you they have received your payment and one telling you that you bought something. The third email is the important one because it has your tracking number. Tracking your parcel is so fun because you want to know when will it be reaching you. Mine came around 2 weeks or lesser.

Also, it comes by royal mail so I don't know, haha it made me felt happier, I don't know about you.

TADAH!
Of course I added a personal touch to it by adding a fluffy unicorn. So there's the bag, it fits my Fujitsu Lifebook which is like 13.3" and 3cm thick. I put my charger, waller, water bottle inside and it's still spacious if you're wondering so I think it's a pretty good and practical bag + it's so easy to match with any outfit.

However, a point to take note is that the bag gets dirty quite easily, yes, even black. It's not really dirt, it's just white 'powder dust' - sounds so mystical, on the bag and it annoys me but actually a lot of people tell me it's not obvious and its very common.
---------------------

Price comparison:
Retail stores - $125
Zalora - $129
Ilovemykanken - $129.37 (before discount) 
                          $86.26 (after discount)


So if you guys want to get a FjällRäven Kånken, you can consider getting it from ILOVEMYKANKEN cause who doesn't why to get a good deal right? 

Hope you guys enjoyed this post & I promise I will post more hauls / taobao tutorial soon so be patient and thank you all again for your support! 

Stay tune for more cheap deals from the shopping princess of Cheapsville. HAHA. 


xoxo.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hey, ilovemykanken is authentic! It's verified by the official Kanken.

      Delete
  2. Hi. I just wanna ask about the emails? I ordered last july31 and i received the first one. They said that they will notify me if my credit card is confirmed. Idk how long will it take tho i'm scared my card won't get confirmed ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why buy from this site when I can buy from the original site? They are cheaper and still offer free shipping..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! :) This kanken that you bought is kanken black classic right? Firstly, I just checked the website for the kanken black classic, it costs $210.49 (before discount)?!?! So I am wondering how yours only costs $129.37 (before discount)? Secondly, above you said that ilovemykanken is certified by the official kanken itself but I went on the official website and it was not stated under the certified retailers so I am wondering....? Thanks :))))

    ReplyDelete