Instapics

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Lime at PARKROYAL on Pickering

Had buffet lunch at LIME on a Saturday afternoon, was searching for new buffet places to visit and was thinking of going to Triple Three but it was fully booked so I stumbled upon LIME and we decided to try it out!

I've been to a lot of buffets in Singapore, and this is one of the buffet that I would want go back again.

For lunch, there are already plenty of selection to choose from, after looking at all the pictures, I realized that I didn't manage to try out some stuff so I definitely want to go back again, maybe this time for their dinner lobster buffet!


The Place
LIME is located at PARKROYAL hotel and when I stepped inside, I was amazed. It was beautiful with a hint of futuristic décor. The restaurant itself is clean and spacious with great natural lighting.

Service was great, drinks refilled without us saying, plates cleared promptly and polite serving staffs. 

Cold Seafood + Sushi
There wasn't much selection here, just the basic stuff like prawns, clams, mussels, scallops, salmon & tuna sashimi and also some sushi.

The sashimi is served upon order to retain its freshness, the servings are very generous so don't worry.
I didn't try the tuna or the sushi but the salmon sashimi was good! Regretting now that I only took one serving. The other chilled seafood were okay, nothing special, the prawns are really fresh and sweet though - I rarely eat prawns at buffet cause I don't like peeling, but this one was worth dirtying my hands for.

Salad & Bread
The salad table looks very good with DIY salad and even thai salad. Too bad I forgot to try anything from there. I heard from other reviews that they serve Echire butter (apparently world's best butter) with the breads so I decided to try it out.
 If you want to know more about the butter you can click HERE. We tasted the butter but honestly we can't really tell the difference. Maybe its creamier? But not something I would pay more for.

Peranakan Corner
They have quite a lot of peranakan dishes at LIME, they even have a table for peranakan appetizers, DIY rojak, nyonya kuehs and durian pengat.

 Mains
There were different cuisines for the mains - Indian, Chinese, Peranakan & Western. The cooked dishes are not bad, some are really good and some are not worth the stomach space.
 Indian selection - papadum, yoghurt chutney, masala chicken, and two other vegetables stuff that I didn't try.

 Chinese selection - Fried rice, fried udon, clams, bok choy, sweet chicken

 Okay, I can't really remember what all these are so just take a look.

 Noodles stations! Freshly prepared laksa & Kueh Pie Tee. 

 Western Selection - meat carvings
 That prawn that you see on the top left of the image above is SO GOOD. The prawns are big and succulent and the sauce is just perfect - something like cream with garlic.

 Pasta station!

 Salted vegetables with duck soup - flavourful but not too salty!

 Laksa - this was good too, flavourful and not too diluted.

I know people say that we shouldn't have rice at buffets because it occupies too much space but how can you resist when you see curries?! Took the masala chicken and lathered it with the yoghurt chutney. This is heaven in your mouth.

Dessert
The dessert selection was huge! I didn't try a lot of things because I forgot, Haha I really need to go back again. The special thing about LIME is that their chocolate fondue is not the usual milk chocolate but they used matcha with white chocolate.
I didn't try any of the cakes so I can't tell you how they taste but they look good!

Creme Brulee was good! Not too sweet!
Sobs, I totally forgot about the fondue too. Look at all the fruits and marshmallow! 


 The ice cream bar - chocolate & lime sorbet. Heard from the others that the lime sorbet had a bitter after-taste so I didn't try it. The good thing is that they have lots of toppings to choose from! I wanted to take the whole bowl of gummy bear.

Food companion of the day


Conclusion
I don't even think you need to read this to know my conclusion of this place. I would definitely go back again to try out their dinner buffet which consists of free flow lobster! For this price, I think that this buffet is very worth the money. Good atmosphere, good food and good service.


--


LIME
3 Upper Pickering Street,
Singapore 058289 
+65 6809 8888

Price
Lunch
Monday to Friday: Adult $48++, Children $24++
Saturday: Adult $52++, Children $26++

Dinner
Monday to Thursday: Adult $62++, Children $31++
Friday to Sundays: Adult $68++, Children $34++

Sunday Brunch: Adult $98++ / $108++ (inclusive of champagne, beers and house wines), Children $49

1 comment:

  1. What crap are you writing about Joseph? Excellent review, nuff said!

    ReplyDelete