Instapics

Friday, March 3, 2017

Privé CHIJMES

This is one café that I've been wanting to visit for a long time, they started out at Keppel Bay but it was quite inaccessible. Apparently, after a few years, they became more popular and decided to open a few more outlets!

I recently got reminded about Privé when I was walking along Orchard Road, I saw their newest outlet beside Wheelock and thought that their layout was quite interesting. The seats nearer to the streets were placed so that they were facing the street so if you sit there, you can basically eat and 'people watch' at the same time. I think its quite a new concept in Singapore because we normally don't want people to look at us eat but I know that in Paris, this is how cafés normally are. Also do note, those seats facing the street are for one/two pax, so it's quite a good experience! Do give it a try if you visit that outlet.

The one I visited this time was the outlet at Chijmes! Privé at Chijmes is really pretty because you're surrounded by grass patches, trees and beautiful infrastructures! But do note, if you are someone that NEEDS air-con, do not come here. They only have two choices of seats, 'indoor' - sheltered with fan or alfresco!



Let's take a look at the food! 

Click on the picture below to look at their menu!


 Do-It-Yourself Hot Chocolate $9 - Melt the rich Valrhona chocolate bar in your hot milk, top with whipped cream and a marshmallow for a comforting cup of hot cocoa

I love ordering interesting things when I visit new places and this was one that caught my eye! It's a deconstructed hot chocolate so you have to construct it yourself. It's really delicious, I'm not a huge fan of chocolate that are too sweet so this was perfect. It has that rich chocolate oomph, sweetness of chocolate yet a tinge of bitterness which balances out the whole drink.


 Eggs Royale $16 - English muffin, smoked Norwegian salmon, poached eggs, Hollandaise sauce

THIS WAS DELISH. I only managed to eat this after taking a ton of photos so by the time I ate it, it was cold. When I took a bite of it, I was like wow. The eggs are cooked perfectly. It's so creamy and you know how some places have a runny yolk but the whites are kinda hard, you won't find that here. Because even the whites are so good! They are generous with the smoked salmon so yay us! Definitely give this a try but do take note because the same restaurant/cafe does not mean a same chef so I heard from some of my friends that the eggs benny from some other outlet doesn't taste as good.


Bad Ass BBQ Burger $25 - Wagyu beef patty, housemade BBQ sauce, button mushrooms, dried bonito flakes, gherkins, garlic mayo. Served with fries & mesclun

THIS WAS BAD ASS. Okay, my friend ordered this so I took a bite of it, it's so good and juicy and flavourful! It's wagyu beef patty so try not to order well-done and ruin the beef okay. HAHA. This also comes with salad and crispy fries!


Ice Cream Sandwich $14 - Toasted caramelised brioche, balsamic-macerated strawberries, vanilla bean ice cream, chocolate sauce

This is huge, we were all saying that this can be a main course by itself but ohwells. The toasted brioche is super crispy with a hint of charred flavour which kind of compliments the sweet vanilla ice cream. How can one leave a café without desserts right? So do give their desserts a try even if you're quite full from what you've ate before because like my friends always tells me: "Desserts don't go to the stomach, they go to your heart" 



I finally visited Privé and I enjoyed every moment of it. The ambience was good, calm and relaxing, staffs were very polite and the food was great! Some might find it a little pricey but I think the price is just right for the quality they are providing! Do visit Privé and try it out for yourself but do take note that the menu of every outlet differs slightly.




Address: #01-33, 30 Victoria Street, S(187996)


Opening Hours
Mondays to Thursdays: 11.30am - 12am
Eve of Public Holidays & Fridays 11.30am - 1am
Public Holidays & Saturdays 10am - 1am
Sundays 10am - 12am



xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment