Instapics

Friday, February 17, 2017

Krave - Malay Western Café


I wanted to blog about this place really long ago but since I didn't get the chance to, I am going to blog about it now!

I'm sure most of you would have encountered this issue, you are deciding where to go with your Malay friends but most cafes are not halal so your choices are very limited and end up eating Ayam Penyet from Lucky Plaza. That was why my friends and I were very excited when we got to know of Krave Cafe, a Malay Western Cafe located at Bali Lane.

For fellow instagramers, if you are going to Krave at night, the interior lighting is very warm so your photos are going to be more orangey!


Click image to enlarge


 There were four of us so we got three kinds of pasta & a dessert. Let's look at the food!

Sambal Marinara $16 - Crowd's favourite seafood pasta with sambal sauce, spicy!
This was rated with three chilli symbols on the menu so if you love spicy food, do give it a try! I love spicy food and to me, this was spicy enough but still tolerable. 

Aglio Olio Pesto Smoked Salmon $16 - Smoked salmon with homemade basil pesto
It's quite unique to pair smoked salmon with pasta. Also, for all pasta order, you have a choice of either Penne or Spaghetti.

Cremoso $12 - Beef bacon and cream with egg yolk
This is the classic cabonara, so it has the same issue with all cream based pasta, its good but please eat it before it gets cold if not it can get very gelat.

Vanilla French Toast $10 - Vanilla infused brioche with homemade berry compote, topped with vanilla ice cream
I absolutely love french toasts but I felt that this wasn't sweet enough. and I am someone that doesn't like desserts that are too sweet. Definitely not the best french toast I've had so if you visit, you can give this a miss and maybe try out their unique Chempedak Creme Brûlée!


It's definitely a good place to go to if you are looking for a halal cafe, prices are similar to most cafes out there & you get to try out unique fusion pastas! My review is just my own perspective so do head down and try it for yourself :)

Contact
28 Bali Lane
Singapore

Tel: 9856 4249

Monday Closed
Tues - Thurs & Sun
11.30am to 10.00pm
Fri & Sat
11.30am - 11.00pm
Kitchen is closed from 5pm - 6pm 



Look forward to more food reviews!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment