Instapics

Monday, September 29, 2014

Cafe Hopping - Bugis

Coming back with cafes review! Went to Bugis the other day and decided to try out some new cafes so I shall share with you guys about them.

We went to Tolido's Espresso Nook first for brunch, chose that place because I saw their pancakes and it looks so fluffy and they sprinkled icing sugar on top~ The place is quite accessible - just take bus 12 or 7 from the Bugis street bus stop, two stops later, alight and walk. It's located beside a normal hardware store. When we reached there, it wasn't very packed so we get to sit at the sofa seats near the back of the shop! However, the bad thing about sitting there is that the lighting isn't that good and that means the photo won't do the food much justice. I ordered The Ultimate Combo from the all-day breakfast menu & my friends ordered Turkey Ham Mushroom Cream Pasta $9.50 & Bacon Mushroom Aglio Olio $9.50. I regret not ordering the pasta because it's good!!

 The Ultimate Combo $11.50 - The pancakes are better than Strictly Pancakes but not WOW awesome.

I recommend going to Tolido's because the food is good, the price is reasonable and it's near Bugis so after eating you guys can go shopping.  


NEXT, La Marelle Cafe 
We wanted to have some dessert and happen to see La Marelle, saw online that some people say that their dessert are good so we went to try. The whole cafe looks very colourful and all but I seriously think that it's kinda all looks and no content. Sad to say, the experience isn't very good & I can't understand why people say its good.

Was quite upset when I realised the desserts were only cakes and stuff, thought they would have menu things that requires instant preparation. 

Hazelnut Cream Cake $8.50 (I think) - My friend asked me if it's nice and honestly, I can't answer. Because it taste super normal, like any other cake you will get at Swee Heng. There isn't ANY hazelnut taste & I honestly don't think it's worth the price for such a small cake. 

Some chocolate cake that I forgot the name - Not good, normal, too sweet, nothing special. 


Will not recommend this place to anyone, I sincerely think that the cakes are overpriced and not worth it at all. I guess a lot of people may think the food is good because there aren't many halal cafes out there so the selections are limited. If you guys went to Maison Ikkoku, know that for the same price, just two layer of Maison's cake is the size of this cake & Maison has three layers. So please head down to Maison Ikkoku just a little walk away~ [The cakes are halal too!]


Lastly, Maison Ikkoku
I've always loved this place for cakes and their pasta - not so much the coffee though. If you guys want to have halal cakes, do visit this place! The baker of the cakes are an external partner and they bake halal cakes! The flavours keeps changing so you can try out different kinds of cake every time you visit!

Salted Caramel $8.50 - So much bigger than the one at La Marelle. I guess I am a fan of simplicity so I prefer food to be served in a very rustic, simple plate and not those that are too complicated which is why I don't really like La Marelle. 



Okay! So three cafes for you guys and hope you guys will check them out! My next post will be on Timbre so remember to come back!

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment