Instapics

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Spanish Doughnuts - The Original Churros


Visited Spanish Doughnuts since I was having dinner with my friend at Orchard Central & wanted to see what the craze was about. Wasn't putting much hope into this & I was so right.

 I was there on a Friday night and there are already people queuing. The waiting time wasn't very long & the lady at the cashier was quite polite so that's a plus. 

I got the (most popular) Choco Churritos [$9.9] - came with three chocolate sauces, white chocolate, milk chocolate & dark chocolate. Which in my opinion, is nothing spectacular at all - too watery & I kinda only like the white choc one. 

Here comes the issue, I was taking photos of the Churros and I smelled this strong oily smell coming from the churros & I was so turned off by it. It kinda shows that they may not be changing their oil too frequently and the oil is no longer 'fresh'. I mean, for a shop that specializes in frying something, shouldn't their oil be their top priority?? 

& after chit chatting with my friend, I saw that my chocolate sauce hardened. Seriously? 

Conclusion
I don't really recommend the Choco Churritos, maybe I should try the savory one? But not anytime yet cause I'm still kinda disappointed by it. Only ate like a couple of them and my throat started to hurt, left more than half or the original amount when I left. Frankly speaking, I don't understand the rave about this because it's not wow and just meh.

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment